What Are The Basic Types Of Coverage Provided With Travel Insurance?
- Trip cancellation is the #1 concern with most travelers. You will invest a substantial amount of money when making travel plans. Plane tickets, tour packages, cruise packages, chartered fishing trips, etc. If these expenses are pre-paid and non-refundable you may lose a considerable amount of that money if you need to cancel a trip unexpectedly. The most common reasons – someone getting sick or a family member passing away. Trip interruption travel insurance is similar to cancellation coverage. It covers your lost expenses if you have already started your holiday but you are required to return home. The coverage will reimburse you for the lost portion of your trip as well as any additional expenses for the last minute flight home. Link – covered reasons.
- Medical Emergencies Abroad. Most people believe they are covered for medical emergencies if they already have existing health care. Within the United States, that may be true. Medicare never covers you abroad. Medical expense coverage will cover you for accidents and emergency medical and dental care when you travel abroad. Types of medical emergencies-Injuries & Illness.
- Emergency Evacuations. Emergency Evacuation Coverage will pay for emergency evacuation expenses such as airlifts and medically equipped flights back home. An ambulance to the hospital, an airlift to a more adequate hospital can easily cost you $1,000’s.
- Lost bags, delayed bags, delayed flights. Baggage coverage can reimburse you for your personal items if your luggage is lost, stolen or damaged. Baggage Delay Coverage – provides money to purchase essential items until your delayed bags arrive, such as a toiletry kit, a bathing suit, or another change of clothes. Travel Delay Coverage – provides reimbursement for additional expenses if your flight is delayed, such as an extra night in a hotel or extra meals at restaurants.
- Phone Assistance 24/7 Worldwide. This coverage makes all of the rest of the coverage work. You are provided a 24/7 lifeline if something unforeseen happens. Medical emergencies, stolen baggage, lost passports, cancelled flights. Every travel insurance policy should include this vital coverage.
Water and Flood Damage
The abnormally heavy rains that have occurred recently in our area have brought attention to the exposures of WATER DAMAGE and FLOOD DAMAGE. We thought it prudent to explain the…
Water backup: What is and is not covered
Water backup is one of the most common causes of loss to a homeowner, but is often misunderstood. Do you know what is and is not covered? Water Backup –…