Taking a drive at night
Here is a large list of night driving hazards that most may not be aware of. As it begins to get darker our ability to judge distance and road hazards decreases. Night driving brings the possibility of fatigue which brings on the decrease sense of awareness.
Night Driving Hazards Tips
- Keep your headlights and taillights clear. If any of the lights are out/broken get them fixed as soon as possible.
- Never drink and drive!
- As soon as it begins to get dark it is a good idea to turn on your lights so that other drivers can see you.
- Increase your following distance. It is harder to judge the stopping distance at night, so by increasing the distance between your car and the one in front of you can help if the need to stop suddenly occurs.
- DO NOT use your high beams in close proximity to another car. Doing so can cause vision impairment to the other driver.
- If you get tired, stop and rest. Making frequent stops to get snacks/drinks can help you stay energized.
- If it begins to rain, turn on both the windshield wipers and your headlights!
Get a quote on your auto insurance by clicking the image below and be a step ahead in case something happens when you are driving at night.