Short Term Medical Highlights:
Table Of Contents
- Because short-term medical is medically underwritten the rates are dramatically lower than the Affordable Care Act Plans.
- Large PPO available. The plan utilizes the Aetna Open Choice PPO Network.
- Deductibles and coinsurance percentages are much lower.
What does it cover?
- Surgery, inpatient and outpatient hospital benefits, and hospital confinement.
- Diagnostic testing, mammograms, radiation therapy, and Chemotherapy.
- Physical therapy, skilled nursing facility benefits, and home health care.
- Urgent care, ambulance service, and emergency room care.
- Urgent Care visits. You pay a $50 copay per visit. But the deductible is waived and the remaining
expenses are subject to coinsurance percentages.
And just as important. What isn’t covered?
- Normal pregnancy, or diagnosis and treat of infertility.
- Outpatient prescription medication, eyeglass prescriptions, and vision therapy. (However, you will
receive a WellCard which will provide for pre-authorized prescription savings.) Inpatient prescription
drugs ARE covered.
- Any medical expenses resulting from a pre-existing condition.
- Doctor visits are covered but they are subject to deductible and coinsurance percentages.
Other Features. Services included with your L.I.F.E. Membership.
- Telemedicine services. Connect with a physician 24/7. There are no limits to the number of
consultations with no extra cost to you.
- WellCard Savings Card. Access to pre-negotiated savings on prescriptions, vitamins through a network
with more than 59,000 pharmacies.
- Discounts on everyday items, such as Fitness Programs, ID Theft programs and more.
Short-Term health policies do not satisfy the requirements of the Affordable Care Act mandate. Currently, the Affordable Care Act has been repealed by the U.S. Senate and awaits being repealed by the House of Representatives. The repeal will then be ratified by the President. Until the ACA is fully repealed individuals will still face a monetary penalty if they do not have a plan that meets the requirements of the Affordable Care Act.