Sewer backup into your home? It has happened even to the best of us. It can be stressful but here is some information to keep in mind in case it ever happens to you. Your house could flood.
What Do I Do With My Sewer Backup
If your sewer line backs up it is a good idea to take photos of the affected areas and itemize any other property losses for your insurance claim. Keep receipts from the repair, cleaning or damages and call us so we can help you make a claim.
Prompt cleanup of affected areas/items is essential in preventing disease, further destruction, and damage to your house and even electrical malfunctions. Here are some things you will want to do (if you can):
- Drain away all water/sewage.
- Remove dirt, soil or other debris from surfaces that might have come into contact with any sewage.
- Mopping floors and wiping walls with soap and disinfectant.
- Air-out the area by opening any windows and using fans.
- Flushing out and disinfecting plumbing fixtures.
- Repairing or removing damaged wallboard or other wall covering.
- Cleanup of ductwork.
- Throw out anything that cannot be disinfected to prevent the spread of disease.
Click below for a free quote today!