Insurance Advisors of St. Louis appreciates the trust you place in us when you ask us to help you protect your, automobiles and other assets. As part of the process of acquiring insurance coverage for our clients it is necessary that we gather and maintain records that contain personal information about you and your family. Rest assured that we are committed to protecting your privacy and we take very seriously our obligation to protect your information from unauthorized access.
Our agency will NEVER share any of your information with a non-affiliated third party.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We get most of our information directly from you. The application you complete as well as any information you provide us during the rating process generally gives us most of the information necessary. Depending on the nature of the type of insurance involved it may be necessary to obtain additional information from outside sources such as motor vehicle records, claim information reports, credit reports, court and other public records.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information which has been collected about you will be maintained in our agency’s files. We routinely review this information with regard to your coverage, providing routine service and in the settlement of claims. Our agency limits employee access to your personal information to those with a business reason for knowing such information.
USE OF INFORMATION TO DETERMINE RATES
As an independent agency we represent many companies and it is a routine part of our practice to use your information to “shop” your coverage using various insurance companies that we represent.
ADVERSE ACTION NOTIFICATION
If coverage is declined or the charge for coverage is increased because of information contained in a consumer report you will be informed as required by state law and the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act. Most of the time you will receive this notification from us but you might occasionally receive notice directly from the insurance company.
PARTIES TO WHOM INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
- Your insurance company.
- Parties who perform a necessary business, professional or insurance function for our agency.
- Insurance regulatory agencies.
- Authorized persons as ordered by subpoena, warrant or other court order as required by law.
- Lienholder, mortgagee, assignee, lessor or any other persons shown in our records as having a legal interest in your policy.
- Parties acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity to you such as, attorneys, accountants, auditors, etc.
- Parties enforcing our agency’s rights in connection with the settlement of a debt, the transfer of interests or an audit.
- Parties administering transactions as requested by or authorized by you.
TREATMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OF FORMER CLIENTS
RIGHT OF ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to view the personal information that is kept in your file with respect to any particular policy. If upon review you determine that any of the information in your file is erroneous we will have in place a formal agency procedure to correct the erroneous information.
If you have any questions about the handling, by our agency, of your personal information please call us at 314-842-0960.