What follows is our Consumer Privacy Notification. Insurance Advisors of St. Louis appreciates the trust you place in us when you ask us to help you protect your homes, automobiles and other assets. As part of the process of acquiring insurance coverage for our clients it is necessary that we gather and maintain records that contain certain personal information about you and your family. Rest assured that we are committed to protecting your privacy and we take every precaution available to prevent unauthorized access to your private information. Our agency will never share any of your personal information with a non-affiliated third party.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We get most of our information directly from you. The application you complete as well as any information you provide to us during the rating process generally gives us most of the information we need to know. Depending on the nature of the type of insurance involved it may be necessary to obtain additional information from outside sources such as motor vehicle records, loss information reports, credit reports, court records or other public records. For property insurance we may send someone to inspect your property and verify information about its value and condition and a photo of the property may be taken.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Information which has been collected about you will be contained in our agency’s files. We routinely review that information in regard to any request for insurance coverage and to determine your rates. We will also use this information to service policies and to settle claims. As an independent agency we represent many companies and it is sometimes necessary to use this information in an attempt to ascertain better rates or better coverage for our clients. If coverage is declined or the charge for coverage is increased because of information contained in a consumer report, you will be informed as required by state law and the Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act.
PARTIES TO WHOM INFORMATION MAY BE DISCLOSED
- Your insurance company.
- Parties who perform a necessary business, professional or insurance function for our agency. Insurance Advisors of St Louis 8050 Watson Road Suite 190 St Louis, MO 63119 Phone 314-842-0960 FAX 314-842-5285
- Claim adjusters, appraisers, investigators and attorneys who need the information to investigate, defend or settle a claim involving you.
- Insurance support organizations which are established to collect information for the purpose of detecting and preventing insurance crimes and fraudulent claims.
- Insurance regulatory agencies in connection with the regulation of our business.
- Law enforcement or other applicable government authorities.
- Authorized persons as ordered by subpoena , warrant or other court order as required by law.
- Lienholder, mortgagee, assignee, lessor or any other persons shown in our records as having a legal or beneficial interest in your policy.
- Parties acting in a fiduciary or representative capacity to you such as, attorneys, accountants, auditors, etc.
- Parties enforcing our agency’s rights in connection with the settlement of a debt, the transfer of interests or an audit.
- Parties administering transactions as requested or authorized by you.
CONFIDENTIALITY AND SECURITY OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Our agency maintains appropriate standard .s and procedures to prevent unauthorized access to your personal information. Our agency limits employee access to your personal information to those with a business reason for knowing such information. We educate our employees so that they will understand the importance of confidentiality of personal information and take appropriate measures to enforce privacy responsibilities.
TREATMENT OF PERSONAL INFORMATION OF FORMER CLIENTS
RIGHT OF ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You have the right to view the personal information that is kept in your file with respect to any particular policy. If upon review you determine that any of the information in your file is erroneous we will have in place a formal agency procedure to correct the erroneous information if we can substantiate the error.
If you have any questions about the handling, by our agency, of your personal information please call us at 314-842-0960.