I’m taking a quick trip overseas, but it’s only for a few days. I don’t need travel insurance, do I? Traveler’s insurance isn’t mandatory, so why should I even worry about getting it? Well, it’s true you need certain things to travel, like your plane ticket, your passport and maybe even a travel Visa, depending on where you’re going. But, travel insurance isn’t necessary. Travel Insurance is one of those things that is offered, it’s advised to get, but nobody makes you get it. But, if you set back and think about it, now there are more reasons than ever to get travel insurance, even if you are only going to be gone for a few days. It’s just like getting Auto insurance or Renter’s insurance, you need it obviously.
Have You Ever Thought About These Things When Travel Insurance Is Offered To You?
- What if the airline or the boat line you trip is scheduled on goes bankrupt?
- What if you get sick, or someone you are traveling with gets sick and you have to cancel your trip?
- Medicare and domestic medical insurance might not cover you abroad.
- Since you are so adventurous you might need to be evacuated from some remote area.
- You could run into flight delays or even cancellations.
- What if you miss your flight connection and need to make alternate plans?
- What if the worst of all happens? Your baggage is lost!
What’s Stopping You From Getting Travel Insurance?
There has been warning after warning from the United States State Department. There have been several global events, but we know that upwards of 75% of Americans are still planning on traveling this coming summer. Top international destinations this coming summer are places like France, Mexico, Canada, Italy and the United Kingdom. With that many people not purchasing travelers insurance, there are definitely going to be some issues that some of these people run into traveling to all of these far away locations. Many sources out there, say most people are already planning their trip or have most of the trip planned out, however, have not included travel insurance into those plans.
People are reminded to purchase travel insurance now because the season hasn’t begun and you can still get a good deal on it. But, so many people, just like when it comes to rental car insurance decide to pass on travel insurance, just because it’s easy to do.
Consumer Travel Insurance Choices
The truth is that every consumer has many choices they can choose from regardless of whether they were going overseas or staying in the country. There are a few things that you should look for when you are checking out travel insurance policies. Here are a few things to consider when deciding on what travelers insurance to purchase. And it shouldn’t be am I going to purchase traveler’s insurance, it should be what policy am I going to purchase.
- Be sure that the policy you purchase has medical travel insurance. This will limit this burden you have to pay our of your own pocket if you are taken to the emergency room. This is important insurance if you become ill traveling. This is very important for international travels as your regular health insurance plan sometimes will not cover your medical bills.
- You also have trip cancellation insurance which covers pre-payments on things like holiday travel arrangements that could be interrupted or even canceled, because of extreme weather. Some of this weather includes flooding, hurricanes, etc.) This also covers sickness, injuries, and other issues depending on the policy.
- There is medical evacuation insurance which will cover costs that are associated with your transportation costs to a hospital in a medical emergency. This also helps get you travel in case the local facilities are inadequate. This is a great policy for international travelers, especially if you are going to places tourist don’t normally go.
- If you are going on an adventure tour of a sports vacation. There is also adventure travel insurance that you can get as an upgrade. This type of insurance will cover you when doing high-risk activities. These include surfing, white water rafting, scuba diving and other extreme sports that a lot of holiday travelers decide they want to do.
Purchasing travelers insurance is simple, the whole process is easy from deciding what policy you need and because it’s affordable. This allows travelers to quickly find the different policies and then choose which one is appropriate for their type of travel. This way they can choose the appropriate policy for their families. The truth is that purchasing travelers insurance can be done in just a few minutes. You can discover the best plan for the best price that gives you the right protection and you can find one for any type of trip. You need to speak with your local independent insurance agent to close the travel insurance deal and get the best price for the best policy.